Interested in Making a Difference - Join Our Governing Body
Building on the achievements of recent years and the strong reputations of Osprey Housing and Osprey Housing Moray, the Osprey Group is working hard to position itself as a dynamic force in housing in North East Scotland. We own and manage nearly 1800 properties throughout Aberdeenshire, Aberdeen City and Moray Council areas. Our vision is to make a difference to the people we serve by providing high quality housing that is affordable and sustainable with services to match.
Our Governing Body and Organisation are focused on:
- Working closely with our tenants, being responsive; innovative and ambitious whilst remaining accountable and providing value for money in everything we do
- Creating connected communities with more successful households that are able to prosper
- Contributing to increasing the supply of genuinely affordable housing
- Making a difference to health and wellbeing
- Attracting talented people with genuine interest in helping create great homes and places to live
The Governing Body plays a vital role in shaping our future and we are now looking to recruit new non-executive independent Governing Body Members with the expertise to help us achieve these goals.
What is a Governing Body and what does it do: Our Governing Bodies are made up of independent members with a range of experiences and expertise including tenant representatives whose key responsibilities incorporate setting and approving our overall strategy and direction, monitoring performance, approving budget and annual accounts from a strategic level, approving large contracts and tenders, and building excellent relationships with our tenants and partners. We are looking to strengthen and increase our membership.
We would especially welcome candidates with experience in one or more of the following:
- Information Technology/Communications
- Human Resources
- Strategic Customer Service Insight/Engagement
- Procurement Housing Development
- Strategic Financial Acumen
The positions are unremunerated however travel and expenses will be reimbursed; training and development are also part of the offer. Informal Chat: If you wish to have an initial chat with our CEO about the organisation, the position and how you can help us to make a difference every day, please phone Glenn Adcook on 01224 548000
How to Apply: Please send your C.V. and a statement summarising your skills and experience, why you are interested in becoming a Board Member for Osprey Housing and why you are suitable for this role. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or send a hard copy to: Clare Ruxton, Corporate Services Manager, 22 Abercrombie Court, Arnhall Business Park, Westhill, Aberdeenshire, AB32 6FE.
For more articles please visit our News and Events section.
For further details please download Osprey Housing - Governing Body Member Recruitment Pack (PDF) or call 01224 548000 for an information pack.