Mutual Exchange

A mutual exchange takes place when two or more tenants want to exchange houses with each other. This can be between you and a Council tenant or a tenant of a Housing Association. You cannot exchange with an owner occupier or a private landlord tenant.

For a mutual exchange to go ahead both tenants will need clear rent accounts, satisfactory tenancy checks and the properties will need to be the right size and type for the people who will be moving into them.

How do I apply?

Osprey (AHP and MHP) does not hold a mutual exchange list however tenants can register for free with apply4homes House Exchange - a quick and easy website designed to bring people together who are looking to swap their home.

To use House Exchange, simply visit and register your details on-line.

If you have found someone you wish to exchange with, please download and complete the Mutual Exchange Application Form .